Urban Flag joins forces with Sciences Po – PSIA and Columbia University to launch “Reimagining Cities,” a webinar series to shed light upon our rapidly shifting urban future.
Hit hard by what was revealed to be primarily an urban pandemic, cities across the world have been harnessing the potential of their proximity with residents, the private sector, and civil society to deploy rapid, innovative, and cost-effective solutions. Most of this innovation is likely to continue as part of a broader movement led by numerous mayors committed to boldly re-directing urban development towards environmental sustainability, social equality, and resilience.
Designed by Dr. Lorenzo Kihlgren Grandi, chair of Urban Flag and instructor of City Diplomacy at Sciences Po – PSIA, Columbia in Paris, and the École Polytechnique, this conference series aims to engage distinguished mayors, scholars, practitioners, and students in a global discussion on the future of urban life in a post-pandemic world.
The series will open on March 16, 2021, at 6 pm (Paris) | 12 pm (New York) with “The rise of city diplomats,” a round table to dig into the crucial yet still little known role of the civil servants in charge of their cities’ international strategies. The event will be chaired by dr. Kihlgren Grandi and feature the participation of:
- Paul-David Régnier, Head of Paris’ International Relations Department
- Penny Abeywardena, New York City’s Commissioner for International Affairs
- Leah Kreitzman, London’s Mayoral Director for External and International Affairs
- Nina Hachigian, Los Angeles’ Deputy Mayor for International Affairs
- Luz Amparo Medina Gerena, Head of Bogotá’s International Relations Department
This 90-minute webinar will take place on Zoom.